product owner app. e-commerce, utrecht
This company is changing retail to make daily life easier for 12 million customers. A mission we take on with partners that enrich our retail tech platform with attractive propositions. Combined, we offer 30 million articles and achieve peak sales of 700 orders per minute. As these numbers indicate, our platform processes a massive amount of traffic. Many of our visitors use our native iOS and Android apps, and we continuously need to scale these without incident. We have a growing number of dedicated scrum teams that happily see to this. And of course, we want to enable these teams to innovate efficiently, scalably, and at the highest level. We are currently looking for a Product Owner Appto strengthen our team and help improve our apps. Every day in every way.
product owner app
As Product Owner app, you help an independent team of iOS, Android, and back-end developers fulfill a mission-critical role: to perfect and innovate the technical foundation of our mobile iOS and Android apps. Together with this professionally mature team, your challenge is to create, facilitate, and scale the highest possible technical quality.
your responsibilities as product owner technical app
- You develop a persuasive vision for the technical foundation of the apps – and promote it as the ambassador for the KPIs, strategy, and initiatives that you and your team devise and prioritize
- You actively communicate with app teams and business stakeholders, i.e., gather requirements, get buy-in, coordinate plans, and (occasionally) ask colleagues to slow down
- You adapt your style to the individual teams to ensure smooth collaborations
- You help teams attain their ambitions and support them in their way of working by giving them trust, responsibility, and autonomy when possible, and reining them in when necessary
- You make tough choices, break impasses, and own your decisions
- You reach target goals despite obstacles; you pioneer, initiate, fail and pick yourself up
- You build solid relationships with counterparts in other product domains so that you can identify and manage functional dependencies
The broad playing field adds another exciting dimension to the role of Product Owner App. On the one hand, you’re at the helm of a very senior team that strives to shape technically enduring solutions. That calls for an in-depth understanding of ‘difficult tech’ issues, because the team looks to you for inspiration in all areas, including tech. It’s crucial that you understand your engineers. On the other hand, you coach the team and provide focus, direction, and self-confidence. How can you ensure the right issues are discussed? How can you get buy-in and traction for (sometimes rapidly changing) goals and priorities? Keep in mind that we are not an island: the technical foundation determines what our apps can and can’t accomplish – now and in the future. So getting the broader app developer community on board is very much in scope. Take the lead with your team and set the stage for organization-wide app developments.
- You ensure that app quality remains top-notch – challenging, considering the rapidly growing number of teams and developers involved
- You enable back-end systems teams to experiment and innovate independent of app developers
- You abstract complex issues, e.g., the consolidation of desperate analytics platforms
- You have a large say in setting code standards and determining the architecture of app components
why you can make a difference?
Because your technical background makes you a credible discussion partner for developers. You effortlessly transition between strategically innovating the technical shop foundation and connecting the community. You tame chaos with structure and set the right priorities. You approach challenges with a winning combination of tech know-how, persuasiveness, and contagious enthusiasm. You enjoy sharing your vision with a large audience, inspiring developers, and connecting stakeholders. And you combine expertise as a Product Owner with a penchant for strategic thinking and seize opportunities to boost autonomy and innovation speed. Finally, you know how to coordinate dependencies and have fun with cross-functional collaborations.