product manager. start-up, amsterdam
Our client is an online platform where FreeFlexers can find various gigs in Hospitality, Retail, Logistics, and Charity. They offer FreeFlexers the freedom to decide for themselves where they work when they work, and what hourly rate they work for. They are on a mission to make the labor market more accessible, fair, and efficient by transforming it through technology. To support this mission, we are looking for a Product Manager. As the product manager, it is your mission to be critical and inventive towards our platform in support to be futureproof and be able to maintain and expand the market position in various ways.
The Product Manager will report to the Product & Technology Officer. Together with other Product Managers, the Product Manager is responsible for defining the product strategy based on the overall company strategy, goals, and metrics. They anticipate strong growth rates when the retail industry and hospitality start to reopen again. Along with the anticipated growth, the size of the product team will grow as well.
At this moment the scope of the Product Manager is very broad. From ideation and concepting for new products and services to delivery of customer-facing applications for both FreeFlexers and business clients. Due to the current situation with new products being built, new teams being formed, and new structures put in place, we are looking for someone with a very flexible mindset. Someone who is resilient and can deal with the ambiguity of a start-up, while at the same time being able to act on the level of a scale-up.
responsibilities of the product manager
- Defining the product roadmap and OKR’s in line with the company strategy.
- Prioritizing the backlog and getting things done at the right time.
- Managing stakeholders and incorporating business needs into the roadmap.
- Executing the existing roadmap, from discovery up to delivery.
- Being the voice of the customer.
- Ideation for and concepting of new products and propositions.
- Creating processes and structures for optimal product development.
- Keeping an overview of product development initiatives.
- Functionally managing the development teams.
- Having a strong focus on value.
- Can challenge stakeholders in a positive way.
Education & experience
- At least 5 years of experience in Product Management.
- Broad experience with digital products, from front-end up to back-end and with tooling. Ideally has web and app development experience.
- A strong business acumen.
- Experience from product discovery up to product delivery.
- Experience in both a start-up and a scale-up environment.
- Experience in a Marketplace is a plus.
behavior & skills. you:
- are a strong communicator, from C-level up to development teams.
- are critical in a positive manner and can challenge stakeholders.
- can connect people and build relationships.
- have a strong sense of ownership.
- are someone who can deal well with ambiguity.
- are highly motivated and a self-starter.
- put value before ego.
- are very data driven.
- are a constant learner.
- are a fit with the company values.
Are you the new Product Manager? Apply now!