Are you a natural people-person with a background in tech? Are you able to ensure the high effectiveness of your team and create a better environment for everyone to flourish in it? You will play a key rol in the next growing phase of this SaaS scale-up. Want to join the adventure?
head of engineering
As an experienced Head of Engineering, you are capable of translating the strategic vision and long-term architecture of the product into a vision for the team. You think of strategies that will improve workflows and you’re able to empower teams to become continuously more independent. You can wear multiple hats and flourish in the intersection between strategy, software architecture, and bringing products to market. You must also want to get hands-on and support the team throughout the product development process when needed. If issues arise, you facilitate conversations, you solve problems. You give quick feedback and you’re good at managing people it. You guide employees during 1 on 1 meetings (approximately 15 people) and, with your coaching mindset, you help them set goals for themselves and reach them. Plus, we’re growing quickly, so you’re also involved in hiring and interviewing.
your tasks include
- Secure engineering planning, delivery and quality that result in a good product experience and new features for our users
- Ensure high synergy between employees and general team happiness
- Solve conflicts and facilitate discussions in a pragmatic way
- Lead a high-performance engineering team that delivers to their OKRs and KPIs; keeping the engineering spendings within the set budget
- Coach employees and help them achieve their maximum potential
- Provide regular status updates to key stakeholders, such as our management board, about progress made
what do we offer:
- A full-time position as Head of Engineering at our office in Amsterdam
- Salary and stock options that grow as you grow
- Hybrid working possibilities, including the opportunity to work from a remote location for 2 months per year
- Nice working conditions such as 25 vacation days per year, fresh lunch, pension scheme, a personal educational budget and travel allowance.
- The right gadgets to perform your function, in your case a laptop (MacBook or Windows)
- Working within a pleasant, international club with motivated colleagues.
- Lots of growth opportunities. If you are assertive and voice your ambitions, we make sure to help you get there.
- Fun events such as drinks, dinners, team training and trips abroad.
- Minimum HBO level or equivalent ability;
- You are a natural born leader with around 5 years as an engineering manager, project manager or scrum master with a tech background
- Familiarity with deploying to Major Cloud Service Providers, preferably Microsoft Azure;
- Experience with designing REST API’s and testing patterns for service oriented or microservice architectures;
- You’ve got an analytical mind and numbers are your best friends
- You have experience working with agile teams on complex products.
- Can make conscious decisions that impact the future performance of your team.
- Must be able to see the bigger picture with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- You speak and write English perfectly, Dutch is not mandatory;
- You are located within travelling distance from our office in Amsterdam (we don’t offer relocation packages or visa sponsorships).
would you love to know:
- What Omnimap is all about
- Everything about all the current job openings
- How current employees experience working at Omnimap.
Check it out here