copywriter. fashion, amsterdam
For this client, we are looking for a Marketing Copywriter, a native English speaker, who will work in-house at their headquarters in Amsterdam. In this role, you will be responsible for writing copy for a variety of marketing purposes, from online banners and product descriptions on our online store, to social media posts and press releases. You will be able to distill the key message and translate this appropriately and consistently across these various outlets. Important is the ability to proofread and edit texts with scrutiny.
You will also collaborate with art directors and graphic designers on projects, as well as garment designers to ensure that the specifics of the products are communicated accurately. You will produce copy that is creatively written to a high professional standard. The candidate selected for this role must have proven experience in copywriting within the fashion industry. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are also an obvious must.
duties and responsibilities:
- The ability to think creatively and translate (marketing) ideas into creative copy.
- Manage multiple copy projects, with the ability to switch from one to the other seamlessly.
- Check copy written by the marketing department + rewrite/edit if necessary.
what you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, Fashion Branding, (Creative) Writing or similar.
- Native speaker of English + basic understanding of Dutch.
- Proven experience in marketing copy within fashion industry, for a wide range of channels – with emphasis on PR.
- Knowledge of garment construction, fabrication, and fashion terminology is a big plus.
- Ability to write in adherence to brand voice and established style.
- Ability to translate/edit our central messages into texts that appeal to diverse outlets (from press releases, to social posts.).
- Attention to detail – you must be able to write and rewrite until the message clear and strong.
- Ability to take constructive criticism and a flexible nature to keep up with business requirements. You won’t mind multiple edits.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.